The Himeshima Lighthouse
The islandís lighthouse stands above the islandís eastern edge on a 57-meter cliff.
Constructed of granite, the lighthouse began operation in 1904. At the time, itsí light had a power of 18,000 watts and was capable of lighting a distance of about 37,040 meters.
From the lighthouse area there is a magnificent panoramic view of the Seto Inland Sea where one can see Yamaguchi and Kyushu. (The lighthouse was converted to electricity in 1963 and today has a power of 100,000 watts).